Beyond the Sea
Okay, you've seen it before, now here's my version of the "Music Shuffle Survey."
I call it "Music Shuffle" instead of "iPod Survey", since I don't have an iPod. Mine is a Philips MP3 player Tamara got me for Christmas (she got a matching one).
Here is the rules refresher: put your MP3 player/iPod on "Shuffle;" for each question, press the next button to get your answer; and you MUST write that song name down, no matter how silly it sounds.
Okay, but I have some caveats. First, since my player ALWAYS starts with the same Huey Lewis song ("Til the Day After"), I started it up, closed my eyes and hit "next" 5 times, to preserve the random nature of the activity.
Second, after reading Elise's version of this, I made two executive decisions (you don't like them, go sit on a tack). First, I eliminated all songs from "Notre Dame de Paris." I absolutely love all the music, but the titles are in French. I guess I could have used the translations, but I didn't. So there. Second, I chose not to use music from movie soundtracks, since the titles often reflect parts of the movie and aren't the product of creative naming by the composer/artist (not always the case- Batman Begins, for example), but mostly.
So there we are. The conditions/guidelines have been set, and here....we....go!
1. If someone says "Is this okay," you say:
2. What would best describe your personality?
- Novocaine (painless?)
3. What do you like in a girl?
- Grapefruit Diet (I swear I'm not that shallow)
4. How do you feel today?
- Unintended (sad)
5. What is your life's purpose?
- Like a Stone (to be steadfast and immovable...?)
6. What is your motto?
- Who's That Creepin'? (I am paranoid about locking doors...)
7. What do your friends think of you?
- Don't Fear the Reaper (Everyone knows I gotta have more cowbell)
8. What do you think about very often?
- I've Got You Under My Skin (Romantic song = my wife)
9. What is 2+2?
- Stairway to Heaven
10. What do you think of your best friend?
- God Put a Smile On Your Face
11. What do you think of the person you like?
- Truck Driving Song (...)
12. What is your life story?
- I Was Only Kidding (So true, so true)
13. What do you want to be when you grow up?
- Bad Businessman
14. What do you think when you see the person you like?
- When I Was Your Age (um, she's older than me...)
15. What do your parents think of you?
- My Immortal (interesting)
16. What will they play at your wedding?
- Bring It On Home (not even kidding, this is what played at our wedding- this is our song!)
17. What will they play at your funeral?
- Redeemer of Israel (one of my favorite hymns, so it's appropriate)
18. What is your hobby/interest?
- Some of These Days
19. What do you think of your friends?
- Artificial Flowers (again, I'm not that shallow or mean)
20. What's the worst thing that could happen?
- Jivin' the Vibes (jazz? I hardly think that's the worst...)
21. How will you die?
- Boogie Bumper (ha!)
22. What is the one thing you regret?
- Pretty Fly for a Rabbi
23. What makes you laugh?
- As Long as I'm Singin'
24. What makes you cry?
- I Am (my own existence? sad...)
25. Will you ever get married?
- Welcome to Wherever You Are (as in, I'm there, man)
26. What scares you the most?
- Thriller (Ha! Again, totally not planned)
27. Does anyone like you?
- Burn the Sun
28. If you could go back in time, what would you change?
29. What hurts right now?
- Polka Power (maybe that's how I hurt my back)
30. Where will you travel to?
- Hook (Neverland?)
31. What is the best thing that could happen?
- A Matter of Trust
32. What do you often find yourself wanting to yell at people?
- It's Alright
33. What do you call yourself?
- Sing Along
34. What does the person you like think of you?
- Everyday (as in she thinks of me all the time :)
35. What will you post this as?
- Beyond the Sea
Good times. It'll be fun to do this again after some time and see what crops up again. Thanks, Sarah, for getting this rolling.